The Political Incorrectness Thread

So many places one could start but I thought for a first one it might be related in part to the word political.

When one looks at the political leadership in this country is there anyone that you trust? I mean trust in the sense that when they say something you have a sense that you believe them or that they themselves believe what they are saying

It is rather a sad statement of affairs that even after the past year of news events I would put a Rob Ford above a Harper or Mulcair. At least what you see is what you get with Rob Ford.

Every word that comes out of the mouth of the others is scripted, rehearsed and the content is based on what they believe people "want" them to say. Where has REAL gone in politics? They are all terrified of saying what they think.

Even Mr.Trudeau's disastrous "joke" this week was based on his allowing something to come out of his mouth that was not scripted. Will his handlers now issue him with his talking points and notes of what he is allowed to say.

Watching interviews and daily question period in the House of Commons is like watching trained seals. I always wonder how these people, who surely must have some degree of intelligence and some sense of right and wrong can allow themselves to be dictated to and told specifically what words should come out of their mouths, knowing full well that they are lying or obfuscating or misleading.

Surely to God they must question themselves and ask how they ever allowed themselves to sink to that level, to lose their own sense of right and wrong.

So a Rob Ford, despite his issues is a breath of fresh air for many people. I would love to see some reality from others.

Apparently Mr Ford still has a shot at winning the next election. Is that because there are many many people like me who are tired of seeing fakes and stand up puppets and this is their way of saying enough is enough?

Media says it is politically correct to crucify a Rob Ford. Despite that, is his popularity an indication that Canadians are at the point they would prefer a real person even with serious flaws over a fake person who lies about what they believe.

I agree with you about Ford, he's real and I too would rather have him than Harper. I believe Ford cares, is sincere about wanting to improve his city, help it's people. But he just can't help being a fuck up. He has personal issues and unfortunately doesn't know how to separate them from his professional life.

As far as the media wanting political correctness, I don't necessarily agree, they just want a story and the more salacious the more likely it'll be a headliner, politically correct or not. Lets face it people like to watch others fall, train wrecks and they -joe public- are followers.

Look at the damage the media has done to my beloved pit bulls. Anytime there is a story concerning a pit bull biting someone it's titled "pitbull attack" and gets front page placement. When another breed, any other breed bites, you seldom see it's breeding mentioned nor will it be easy to find in the paper. Yes if the media wants to destroy something, someone they'll do it and many will follow their point of view:(