Truly Useful and Free iPhone Apps

I realize that what is useful to one person may be of no use to another however there are some pretty good Apps out there. I know for example that I can turn my iPhone into a level, but for me that's not a priority. I am now over a year into my conversion to the iPhone and I'd love to hear about and share some of the tools that are available.

Two contributions from me to start.

The iPhone does not have a timer built into it for taking pictures and this app called TimerCam is simple and works perfectly.

As long as one is accessing Wifi, there are a number of music Apps available. A favorite is Songza which has a multitude of premixed playlists that one may sort through by theme or mood.

• Like 1

Waze - this is a GPS app. This is the app that replaced a perfectly functional Garmin GPS!

It uses crowd-sourced traffic information as well as other real-time sources so it does a pretty darned good job of finding the quickest way from A to B. Not always the route you might pick but trust it.

A dependable, easy to use GPS is a necessity for me. This app is it. Oh, and if you leave it on, it learns your driving preferences.

It is free and is available on all platforms - iOS, Android, Windows, and BB.

• Like 2

I definitely have to say Shazam. Like have you ever heard a song that you liked and didn't know what the name of it was? This definitely comes in handy for me.

• Like 1