another survery re prostitution from CBC

another survey .. may as well do this one too!!

the results are encouraging! although there are some seriously moronic comments below the survey. I'm having a hard time keeping my comments polite... average age of a sex worker entering the biz is 13....it's mathematically impossible. so frustrating to read that over and over again.

participate and comment please!!

http://www.cbc.ca/day6/blog/2014/03/06/rethinking-prostitution-doc-and-talk/

• Like 8

The ignorance of the average person is horrifying.

How could anyone who can think for themselves believe the nonsense in some of those comments? Jessica you get full credit for trying to talk sense to those guys!

I agree. I find myself constantly repeating the same stuff: Street worker stats do not reflect the stats of all sex workers.

And the poor street workers, apparently everyone thinks they are riddled with stds because I suppose it is assumed they don't use condoms. Which is equally annoying, because there is absolutely no reason to believe that streetworkers don't have access to freely distributed condoms and/or know about stds themselves already. The way these people talk is disgusting to me.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting the link to the survey Jessica.

The ignorance of the average person is horrifying.

These "average" people are the ones that turn into politicians or work in government offices making the regulations.

Most smart people have no interest in either.

These "average" people are the ones that turn into politicians or work in government offices making the regulations.

Sad but true.

I would suggest if anyone has an opportunity to post a comment in any news article, especially like this one, BEFORE they get closed for comments 3 hours after it goes up, to put a link to the Say No to the Nordic model petition.

When you see results like the one in the above article poll, it may mean more exposure to the types of people who would sign such a petition. thousands of viewers, in other words, :)

• Like 2