Are you a spendthrift, a miser or something in between?

I, myself, will spare no expense when having fun. Great food, great drinks and great friends tend to open my pocketbook.

Then, when it comes to clothing, shoes, cosmetics, essentials etc, I look for the bargains.

So, will will classify myself as a spendthrift 10% of the time :)

I only put money into important things: savings, investments and real estate. Oh yeah, can't forget this hobby, either! *lol* But seriously though, you don't get rich by spending money.

I like spending money on nice clothes if I see something in a nice nice colour I will want it immediately, over the last couple of years my gifts to myself have my visits with my special ladies here on Cerb I don't regret a dollar spent I am a much more contented person especially after living my overnight fantasy last month.

I do try to save a little for retirement also, not sure when that will be love my job so no rush for that, once I retire no more visits so I think I will work to age 70.

Edited by Triple HHH
Spelling

I would say something in between.

For many years I struggled financially, but I have become fairly comfortable the last few years after some hard work. Not rich by and means, not even close, but comfortable for the way I live my life.

That said, it's hard to forget the hard times. And that means each dollar spent, even now, is something I subconsciously consider. I doubt that will ever change regardless of how well off I am. :)

I probably spend more freely than I should.

My goal is to die having left debts that never get paid off.

Porthos

I'm quite careful and live within my means, but splurge now and then. I like my toys, and travel quite often. With a number of credit cards, timing isn't an issue, about ten days ago decided to hop a flight for a little R&R in Toronto.

I love to spend. I spent a long time making do so now that I'm in a position where I have everything I need and some put away I enjoy myself.

My past taught me I don't need a lot to be happy so I see lots of things as treats lok

I truly enjoy shopping for other peeps I want to buy for :) Spendthrift.........

If I am shopping for myself... Tighter than a fiddle string ..... I know what I want ...I'm in and I am outta there like a Navy Seal. You won't know I've even been there ! ;)

Besides I get new socks, undies, jammies and a wallet every year for Xmas AND birthday so what else do I need to shop for ?? :D

• Like 1

I don't put a lot of value on glitzy stuff for stuff's sake, so my big-ticket items are just modest and practical with quality. I'm a really cheap date; I'd rather eat at a pub than a fancy restaurant.

I do have some hobbies (not just this one!) that consume a chunk of my play money, and two dogs I hope I take very good care of (with associated vet bills); but these things give me more than enough pleasure in return to justify the expense. I do allow myself to spend on some pleasures from time to time, always put aside a chunk of any windfall for silly fun, and when I'm on holiday the rules change and I really enjoy myself; if I'm a spendthrift, that is the time!

Other than that, pretty conscious of managing my finances. But... my eventual aim is to ultimately spend everything I've earned before I'm done, and ideally arrive at exactly $0 in assets in the moment right before I keel over and die. :)

Edited by MightyPen

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I love paying for quality in clothing that I purchase so I am into classic cut suits that can be worn and then taken out of circulation and stored and then reintroduced when the fashion style changes. Being into classical fashion means you can stretch your budget a lot more by just having to buy new accessories. I don't buy new cars or trucks I look for value but I trade them in every three years or less. When I want a new computer I build one from scratch and add what I want to it.so I believe I am in between.

I don't know how to describe myself. I am not a spender per se, don't need much in my life that is material, but at the same time seem to spend a lot of money somehow.

So, I would be viewed spendthrift by those that think they know me, but I am more inbetween for sure.

And I suspect I will leave a little coin behind for my kids, or more so, once I figure out what surplus I can run in retirement, should give it to them when I am alive, so that they can enjoy it and I can see it. Or maybe indirectly by spoiling the grandkids, should they ever arrive...

I Love nice things and my toys... butI also worry about my future and savings... I like quality and if is something that is worth spending money in I will.., but if I can find it at a better price off course I rather pay less... I consider myself to be organized with my money.., and before my luxury spending I will make sure all my bills are covered... Thankfully by being organized I always have some extra money for those fun things... :)

• Like 2

Guest c**io**m7

I am not very materialistic and always shop bargains for myself. For those I love, the sky is the limit.

I have to say I've almost always spent my money on assets or things needed. Ei house, furniture, appliance, home improvement.

I use to be fairly careless when it came to spending on others, now I've got more control. I give only to those you deserve rather than those who take my generosity for granted.

I try to spend just enough to keep me happy after the bills are all paid of course. Who know what the future hold so I spend more freely on myself, than I did before.

I buy almost everything possible only at a dollar store, but will spend 5 bucks for a decent latte even tho McDonalds will do it for me on Mondays for 1.00.