http://www.thescarproject.org/

In this hobby and profession sometimes we get lost in the shallowness of the standards of physical beauty. This documentary and gallery of images, statements and experiences is a real eye opener to what is truly important, a look at humanity, strength and love. Something definitely worth looking at:)

• Like 4

Thank you Cristy . With all our perceived flaws those images really give me something to think about and be thankful for my health.

Also a reminder to me that we all have scars, some are just inward that can't be seen by others.

• Like 2

Guest fi****ek

Touching, sad and brave. It must be devastating for these young women to lose a part of their body that we as a society, deem defines them. A woman's beauty is not diminished by a loss of a breast and replaced by a scar.

Touching, sad and brave. It must be devastating for these young women to lose a part of their body that we as a society, deem defines them. A woman's beauty is not diminished by a loss of a breast and replaced by a scar.

You are right Filmgeek, their beauty is NOT diminished, it's enhanced if you ask me. Their scar is a tribute to their strength, it's a signature to their story and a reminder that they won.

I have a relative that had to lose both her breasts and because of the drugs, her hair never regrew and every time I see her I think she gets more beautiful. I'm in awe of her strength, perseverance and character.