On the importance of community

Guest s******ecan****

Community is defined in many ways but in terms of Cerb the most fitting is the one that defines community as a group organized around common values and social cohesion.

In the brief year I have been a member I believe Cerb has been instrumental in allowing me to participate in this hobby while both maximizing my enjoyment while mininmizing my risk.

The recent saga concerning Stacey and Ashley here on the East Coast highlights the importance of community from my perspective. Since first seeing her profile on Cerb Ashley was a girl I very much wanted to meet. While she does not fit the type of SP I normally see, she represented a certain (yes probably typical of many middle aged men) fantasy of relieving the glory days lol.

I was in the process of arranging a meeting with her when this whole situation exploded. When questions of age arose I became cautious, but I must admit I hoped for the best and thankfully distance prevented me from seeing her in the meantime since the little brain was having a big influence on my judgement.

With the closing of the saga today my Ashley fantasy comes to an end (at least until she comes of age).

I wonder though what may have happened without the community? Had I booked Ashley through CL or her agency would I have insisted on ID when she showed up? I'd like to think so but suspect otherwise. Potentialy I could have found my life ruined.

Its not up to the community or Mod to save us from our bad judgement or mistakes, but the community at least provides us with a credible place to share warnings and experiences, to screen, and to "curb our enthusiasm" so to speak.

So thanks to all of you out there in the Cerb community for all of your contributions, keep sharing, and keep reading.:bowdown:

Your post so very well defines what this community means to most if not all of us.

I don't think that you could have put your words any other way. It all goes down to gut instinct in any situation. If you have to second guess it, it is not meant to be.

In a community where one trys to build trust and establish relationships with self expression, it makes it hard to be more trusting to new members whether companions or gentlemen when someone raises the red flag.

It is a shame that things happen this way, and hopefully we can all post together to keep the community a safe and pleasurable place.

xoxo

Emily

Well put, I to am new to this as well and if it were not for this community I probably would have made some bad mistakes and judgements. It is not easy sometimes but generaly people here are very friendly and most of all understanding which helps when you are completely new to something, especially this!

Exactly Scott, I'm sure many members here will agree with you. I was actually talking to a friend about cerb the other day and told her is great to have a site like this where members (most) in one way or another (sharing bad experiences, posting information we probably had no idea of, giving advice, etc.) care about each other and protecting other members.

Also, having people in charge of it, in this case mod that really care about trying their best to keep this a safe community makes a big difference. In other words, I'm so happy to have found cerb. Let's all do our best to keep it safe which I'm sure is everyone's priority here :)

I too was sorry to see the out come of that particular saga. I had not yet met Ashley but the thought had certainly crossed my mind. This site is invaluable for reasons such as this. It also helps to give a slightly paranoid personality like my self some reassurance of who is real and legitimate out there.

On cerb as a community, I also share your sentiments. Most online groups allow people to create new personas. They allow people to be who they are not or would like to be. This site has had an opposite effect on me as I find it easier to be honest about desires and needs without the concern of being judged.

So thanks to all of you out there in the Cerb community for all of your contributions, keep sharing, and keep reading.:bowdown:

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Well Said - and thank you.

This is just a reminder that underage girls are out here. If you book a date with someone who looks under the age of 25 ask for ID.

If you get caught with a underage prostitute you will be ruined for life. It will hit your local paper, you will be charged and you will be labeled (even if she said she was 20)!

Also... keep in mind... if she is under 18 chances are MUCH higher that she is being investigated. All it takes is ONE anonymous complaint to the police about a underage prostitute and they are investigating the girl (They will probably find her location and watch her for a while to see if a pimp is involved and to see who comes and goes... and you probably don't want to be part of that investigation - and heaven forbid if your caught with your pants down when they raid her place your going to really be screwed).

Don't take the chance. IT's NOT WORTH IT... ASK FOR ID ... IF THEY DON'T SHOW IT... LEAVE

Expect them to cover their name on the ID and home address (They don't want to give this info to a stalker) but take a look at the photo and especially the age.

This is a great thread. Well put Scott in all aspects. We can never be to careful with who we are seeing SP wise. We had a major shake down here in Winnipeg last June that many are still talking about here.

Underage

Drugs

Common Bawdy House

Personal Info being discovered

Can ruin a person for life when these charges along with others are laid.

Guest C****** K***e

I certainly agree that if you're seeing a younger-looking girl, ask to see her id. I would certainly not be offended if anyone asked to see mine (though perhaps that's because I'm getting a bit older...:neutral:). I would actually thank the gentleman...it shows he's concerned about keeping things legal and, in my eyes, is a good man.