Patriarchal values dominate the sex work debate

This is an excellent Article.... while I think that most Canadians who read this would generally agree the problem remains that for the majority of Canadians they don't have any real affinity with this issue so even if they agree with full unfettered legalization they are probably not going have any motivation to do anything to affect the outcome of the debate.

Men like myself who participate in the hobby will chat on here and support sex workers in theory but due to the stigma associated with the industry we will not come forward and demand action.

Who will speak loud and often... the right wing and religious fundamentalist who want all sex work to be illegal.

Who is left to fight the battle a small brave group of Sex workers who so strongly believe in their right to make decision about what they do with their own bodies that they step forward ... they step into the spotlight... they challenge the laws and risk the public abuse they may receive for identifying themselves with an industry that still is looked down on by so many... they risk being seen as victims in need of being saved... they risk being seen as druggies or fallen women.

Bottom line... we owe these individuals a great debt of gratitude for stepping forward to fight the battle for the rest of us. With a government like Stephen Harpers in power all the more so.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1