Sign in to follow this  

Massaging the law

Metro seems to have the same message in each of these articles. They all seem to paint the whole industry with the brush of human trafficking, underage workers and exploitation. These are concerns for sure but there are other circumstances too. At least one article identified the suggestion that going to an MP can be less expensive than the girl-friend route!

I was interested to see on the interactive map of licensed parlour regulations across Canada that apparently one of the requirements here in Ottawa is that "interior doors can't be locked" which is certainly not my experience at regulated establishments here in O-town!!

Curious to know what the regulations really are here.

Metro seems to have the same message in each of these articles. They all seem to paint the whole industry with the brush of human trafficking, underage workers and exploitation. These are concerns for sure but there are other circumstances too. At least one article identified the suggestion that going to an MP can be less expensive than the girl-friend route!

I was interested to see on the interactive map of licensed parlour regulations across Canada that apparently one of the requirements here in Ottawa is that "interior doors can't be locked" which is certainly not my experience at regulated establishments here in O-town!!

Curious to know what the regulations really are here.

The law on these establishments is most definitely that they can't be locked. They may lock the door, but like the fact the mp is turned into a bawdy house in the first place is also against the law, so rule breaking starts off as the 'norm' lol.

MPs regulations also are supposed to be that there has to be a window in the door, that is not covered up, under some licensing.

Apparently every sex worker in Canada leans on a lamppost in a miniskirt and high heels.

None are capable of making any kind of responsible decisions for themselves.

Nice bit of BS from the ex-Edmonton cop. The johns are taking money from their "family economy" and therefore hurting the children.

This will be the Tory fallback position if any independent sex workers speak up. "Okay so you aren't a victim but little children are". And if you support independent sex workers you hate children, perfect Tory logic.

Almost all the articles in that Metro feature are pathetic. The poem by the self pitying whiner...get a grip kid, if you hate it that much go work at McDonalds for a fifth or a tenth the money.

The argument about money and power is a red herring too. So what if a customer has more money than the SP? He won't for long if he gives it all to her. Lots of client/vendor relationships exist where a customer has lots of money and a seller has less. Rich people go to Walmart...are they exploiting their power by going through a checkout where the cashier has less money than them . There are lots of SPs who make more than me but it doesn't bother me. There will always be people with more and less money than others. Maybe the women talking about that would only be happy if everyone had the same amount of money?

Once again, it is sad that no sensible discussion about this seems possible.

All bogus arguments that don't stand up to critical analysis.

• Like 2

i didn't notice the comment about how a client has more money than an sp. What a ridiculous thing to refer to in order to say there is something wrong with the transaction. in other words, there may be 20 other things that make the transaction imbalanced, but the fact he has more money than she does isn't one of those things.

In other words, i have had guys who actually work at fast food chains come to see me, and I know there are more than just them who take home less per month than i do. And i do not make as much as a younger also full time sp, or sps maybe in larger markets who are going to be busier than I, or especially the ones who are at a fairly 'normal' degree of busyness and charge twice what i do.

It is ridiculous comparison that they have made.