interesting situation

Guest fl***gfi***rs

I am planning a trip to TO and thought I would enjoy a night of hobbying while away. SO I get on the Cachet website and I am pretty certain one of the SPs is someone I know. In short I taught briefly at a University and the SP was one of my students. She came to my office hours all the time and even continued when I was no longer teaching her. She eventually asked that we meet outside of the school setting which we did but I was hesitant as was she so I shut it down. Now I am wondering what to do. I know what I wanted to do and I am certain she did so here is the chance but.... it is difficult to gauge reactions on her side.

Any thoughts are appreciated especially from the SPs.

Guest W***ledi*Time
.... it is difficult to gauge reactions on her side.

Any thoughts are appreciated ....

If you feel like you wish to pursue this, ask her. Tell her who you are -- Don't blind-side her!!

Guest fl***gfi***rs

Yes you are no doubt correct - I just have to figure out how to contact her without going through Cachet....

She eventually asked that we meet outside of the school setting which we did but I was hesitant as was she so I shut it down. Now I am wondering what to do. I know what I wanted to do and I am certain she did so here is the chance but.... it is difficult to gauge reactions on her side.

Crazy thought - would seeing her as an SP ruin any opportunity for some other type of relationship? Sounds like there was something mutual there before. Would you want to risk that? Time changes and people change so perhaps that ship has sailed - still to 'blindside' her by having her show up on a 'date' might be questionable in terms of discretion.

It is your call how you approach the situation and of course this hinges on what you hope to get out of the evening. Good luck.

FlyingFingers

1) I think it would be OK to see her, as you two had a connection. I feel as though it would be an interesting rendezvous to rekindle what was once mutual admiration. The initial surprise of seeing you would soon fade I believe as you have a familiarity with each other.

or

2) If you do not want to "blindside" her you could have the agency inform her as to whom you are before the encounter and if she accepts or declines, you will know were you stand.

I myself would take a chance on seeing her.

P.S. Let us know how things went.

I think I'd want to know ahead of time, rather than just being surprised, but I still say go for it and see her.

One rarely gets a second chance at a missed opportunity. I recall a situation where a now married woman and I met for coffee. We had been childhood friends, but I never had the courage to date her for fear of ruining our friendship. I found out over coffee with her that she felt deeply for me but had been afraid to express it as well. Now she is married and we will never know what could have been. Go for it.

Guest fl***gfi***rs

All good points and I thank you all for the advice. I thought about it over the weekend and have decided to pass. There was definately something there in the past but I think meeting again under these circumstances would not bode well. Of course, I might regret this down the road (I already regret not following through before) but I prefer to just remain with the good memories of our time together and accept it is time to move on..