Advertising Thread Etiquette

Guest W***ledi*Time

I'm feeling particularly grouchy today. So I rant:

I don't feel that it is at all polite for hobbyists to introduce the names of other ladies into any SP's Advertising Thread.

If there is a particular issue that a hobbyist feels should be discussed, especially if that issue involves the name of another lady, then my opinion is that the appropriate place to do so is in a separate "Discussion" thread. The ladies' own advertising threads should not be cluttered with hobbyists' bickering, and other distracting and annoying material -- unless the lady whose thread it is introduces such topics herself.

I cannot imagine how any hobbyist thinks that it could possibly do the lady who is advertising any good for him to mention on her thread that (for example) there is another touring lady in town at the same time she is, or (for a second example) to import distracting drama from another thread that only tangentially has to do with the advertising lady.

Advertising Threads should exist to put a positive spotlight on the lady whose advertisement it is. Period.

Just my own opinion, for your consideration.

Cheers, Wrinkled

I love to maybe add something to ladies advertisement, many times they thank me (or they add to it), it is a matter of flirting and agreeing with their post and promoting the lady. But I never have added another Sp to the original Sp's thread.

They can always lock us out, which is cool with me too.;-)

Good post. Not sure if the ladies know, but there is the option of locking their advertising threads.

I love to maybe add something to ladies advertisement, many times they thank me (or they add to it), it is a matter of flirting and agreeing with their post and promoting the lady. But I never have added another Sp to the original Sp's thread.

They can always lock us out, which is cool with me too.;-)

When people do other things, in a providers ad, that may detract, cause confusion etc, it's called high jacking a thread. Myself of all people have done it (not intentionally). It come's down to a matter of respect.

Me, I lock my threads, as I really don't anticipate anyone responding to them.

Yes totally agree on the respect, heck some guys can/have ruin Rec's in the recommendation areas by asking/high jacking/detract from original comments.

I agree. If you see this please report it to me so I can speak with the person who did it. It's really easy to report a post and takes very little time. Just click the report.gif icon (ON EVERY POST AND ON EVERY PM) and this will bring it to my attention.

I don't know if I have noticed anyone doing that, but I agree, if people are doing it, that sucks.

So, my question is, how do you "lock" or "close" a thread?

Thanks.

Please don't do it.

There have been times when I slip a recommendation into the lady's advertising thread. I like to do this because it is quick and easy to just add a sentence or two.

I have also pointed out mistakes with links and what the correct link is.

I also think it adds something to have a little dialog going on.

That is why I do it at times as well, good points jazzitup!

Please don't do it.

There have been times when I slip a recommendation into the lady's advertising thread. I like to do this because it is quick and easy to just add a sentence or two.

I have also pointed out mistakes with links and what the correct link is.

I also think it adds something to have a little dialog going on.

I agree with WIT that posting about another provider on a providers advertising thread is not appropriate.

I do not think it is necessary that threads be locked as it is nice to be able to post some positive comments on the thread.

I agree with WIT that posting about another provider on a providers advertising thread is not appropriate.

Even if its a question regarding a duo with their previous duo partner ? :handjob:

I know I was guilty of the above before...... :oops:

Even if its a question regarding a duo with their previous duo partner ? :handjob:

I know I was guilty of the above before...... :oops:

I do not think it is necessary that threads be locked as it is nice to be able to post some positive comments on the thread.

Hummm. I see where you are going with that, I would say that is a little different circumstance but the PM system is always available for such requests/info.