Evening Folks!

After a day of treatments, chemo this morning and radiation this afternoon, with blood tests throughout the day, was sitting outside with a couple of folks having a drink. Figure, what could it hurt, could not take any pain killers until bed time.

Anyway Gin and Tonic has healing qualities doesn't it??

back to the question:

-as we were sitting around, here they were swatting and swearing, rubbing arms, legs and hair, trying to keep the little bastards away.

However, not one mosquito, not one black fly came after me!!!!

I think I will write a White Paper on this when I am not puking! Should be a grant in there somewhere, however by the time it was approved, I will be more worried about worms and such! Well actually, at that point I won't be worrying at all, will I?

So, the question really is, what do you do to stop the little bastards from draining your blood??

Tom

The Liquor!

• Like 4

Oh geez, I wish I could find something that works for me. I'm just lucky vampires aren't real because apparently I've got some fine tasty blood in me.

My friends would answer the question by saying *I* am their bug spray, since they know if I'm around I'll attract the little buggers and they'll be left alone.

By the way, hope things are going well for you theliquor. Always nice to read one of your upbeat posts.

• Like 1

Guest S*rca****sid

I've been pretty lucky, bugs don't usually bother with me. Sometimes the odd mosquito, but nothing too annoying.

I know wearing perfumes, lotions and deodorants can increase the chances of attracting bugs.

I was told they attack things that are sweet maybe that's why they are always biting me;), lol!

Not to say you aren't sweet Liquor:)

I Guess that means my wife is sweet (She is) and I am not.... lol... hopefully I have some other redeeming qualities :)

Edited by Ice4fun
  • Like 1

I've been pretty lucky, bugs don't usually bother with me. Sometimes the odd mosquito, but nothing too annoying.

I know wearing perfumes, lotions and deodorants can increase the chances of attracting bugs.

they are also attracted to dark clothing, especially if you wear them next to someone wearing white

• Like 1

the OFF fan gizmo has worked wonders for me .... they seem to stay away which is great as I allergically react to even mosquito bites :)

I spray on Off on exposed skin

And I learned the hard way, out on the water, wear long pants, socks and runners...shorts, sandals and no socks give bugs more of a target

Not to mention sun block too

And if bitten, I've tried a bunch of first aid treatments, none thus far tops Calamine lotion

For those worried about pink leg after applying calamine it

looks better than

Bug Bite Leg

image003.jpg

RG

Guest ***nno**n***

I just bought one of those OFF clip on things and it is working great!

I am the bug magnet too when I am out, so I am loving this thing. I found with me skin the sprays don't usually last very long.

Watkins Insect Repellent...works great. It has a very high % of Deet. I know some people don't like to use it because of that...but it does work for stable flies, black flies, deer flies, mosquitoes & ticks.

I use a citronella bracelet.

$_35.JPG

it seems to work as well as anything else.

I haven't tried the off clip or Lavender and rubbing alcohol.

But I will have to remember to try that :)

but other then that I like my off Deepwoods

Deet doesn't bother me a bit lol