Sign in to follow this  

Toriesâ?? $20M pledge to help prostitutes so â??inadequateâ?? itâ??s hard to take seriously:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/08/tories-20m-pledge-to-help-prostitutes-so-inadequate-its-hard-to-take-seriously-calgary-police-chief/

BTW this is what I have maintained from the outset, MacKay has no real concern for saving prostitutes, twenty million really is nothing, not to mention no additional funding to police for enforcement.

And I don't even know how the police chief figures his city would get $125,000. Have they already predetermined which cities are to be "blessed" with MacKay's charity, and for how much? I would assume much smaller than that, even some small towns have prostitution, will they get funding or not.

Just more of a rhetorical comment...I'd be surprised if MacKay and the CPC even offer dime one after C36 is passed...treat it too like an election promise. JMHO

My two cents

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy
  • Like 1

Most likely this funding is not even new funding just recycled finding from existing programs or money he has clawed back from other programs aimed at women's issues.

This is token $

It's funding that could be used to seek out, investigate and charge actual exploiters and underage sex workers. However, according to Cassel, who works exclusively with teen street youth, you can't even stop teen sex workers from running away from 'rescue' to go back to work.

because that is what they want to do/.