Newbie Sp Question. What Is acceptable Etiquette For dealing with NoShows etc.

Hey everyone, My apologies if this is a common question , but I am finding myself to be a little frustrated

When a client has booked, and confirmed. And they dont show... What should i do:

*- Should I call /text?

... and if I do what do i say

*- Should I Not answer future calls from this client?

*- Should I charge a cancellation fee ( Is that acceptable ) If the client

wants to book again?.... ince i have lost the time and could not

book anything .. and prob said no to other potential clients?

*- Should I notify other SP's ?

*- Should I act as if nothing has happend and give a grace ONCE..?

AND IF: The client calls to cancel IN SHORT notice (LESS than 2 hours ).. what is acceptable?

Also: When or if I need to cancel .. is this acceptable.. and what tye of notice is required ( any reccomendations? )

*** and SHIFTING APPOINTMENT OR CHANGING TIMES***

is this a DO NOT- or is it acceptable under certain cercumstances?

Obviously, this works both ways bth SP and Client... but I am finding myself being super frustrated at having my time fully wasted, and want to make sure I deal with and respond tp this in a reasonable, respectable and professional manner.

ANY ADVICE?!!

XoxoXoXo-Alannah

Short notice cancellation can happen from either side. Things do come up. Insist on them providing either a phone # or email by which you can contact them should you need to cancel.

Offering an alternative date/time is a nice gesture regardless who had to cancel.

I agree that you should receive a call or text to explain for the no show but I wouldn`t suggest calling in case their SO happended to be there. If an sp called me to cancel or ask for a change in time I would be ok with that, we all lead busy lives and things do come up. It is up to you whether or not to accept the reason and apology for a cancellation, use your discretion.

Just checked out your pics and it must have been a very damn good reason!!

Edited by clancy
Adding more to the comment

We have a section here that SP's can report NO SHOW clients - PM me for details for access.

Guest O***wa**W

ug, no shows are the worst. I keep a list of them, so I dont waste my time again.

Darling Alannah,

Every situation needs to be looked at individually, don't paint them all with the same brush. You have to be able to roll with these situations and not let the frustration get you. I always ask myself "will this change my life a year from now?". If it isn't going to change the world then its not worth worrying about. Here is my take on your questions for what its worth.

No Shows: If they are confirmed and don't show by all means give a call and ask "Is everything ok?". They could be lost, looking for parking or tied up in traffic. If they don't answer, I leave a message and put them in my watch file. If they do not contact me and explain what happened then they go in my DNS file. Cancellation fees are next to impossible to collect and having a list sitting there with "money owed" will just attract negative energy in my opinion. These are not men you want to see, just post them on the No Shows lists to warn other SPs. Anything that starts out badly doesn't usually improve. Do yourself a favor and do not give grace, just walk away and forget it. You have more important things to focus on.

Short Notice Cancellations: It depends if they are regulars or not. New clients get one cancellation with me. Regulars have a little more leeway and they usually will let you know it might be iffy. I do not charge for this as I feel we have to accept that life happens and this is part of the business. Do not let anyone make a habit of it. I will take a regular off the invitation list if he cancels twice on short notice.

Appointment Reschedules: Again, Life Happens so try and work with them. If a client does this repeatedly he had better be a good tipper.

On your side: Don't cancel or reschedule unless your having a finger reattached or a similar emergency. It will do more damage to your reputation than you can ever imagine. Do not cancel with less than 24hrs notice unless it is life or death. If you have to reschedule or cancel, then offer to make it up to them and follow your promise thru to the "T". If you are reliable and trustworthy, you will have no problem building your business.

cat