Sex workers, are you interested?

Guest S****r

Looking into the possibility of bringing in a health care worker to one of our sex-worker sessions to address the issue of STIs, e.g. recognizing signs on a partner, minimizing risk, testing, etc.

But before we go through the effort of actually booking a worker, is this a session you would attend?

Please either comment here or PM me. Perhaps also comment on what specifically you would like to see addressed.

Knowledge is power.

Thank you.

Guest S****r

I will also ask them to present on genital conditions which are not actually helps issues.

But only if there is enough interest in the community.

Additional Comments:

Thanks for the PMs. Any more comments from anyone else?

Guest S****r

Thank you, tanya. I just saw your post now. Sorry I missed it earlier.

We can't get the health worker for this coming meeting, but we will in the future.

In the meantime, watch for news about the November meeting. We will have literature from Pivot Legal re Bill C-36 to discuss. Details will follow soon.

Yes, camaraderie is what many of us are all about! Come join us when you can!

Guest C*****tte

Great thing to add to the meeting!

I find it neat that in areas of Australia where it is legal to work it is either customary or part of official occupational safety measures to inspect clients' genitals before proceeding. They are trained to do so. Helps for certain strains of HPV and Herpes and when clients have symptoms for some STIs like Gonorrhea. All part of comprehensive safety measures (condoms, dams, gloves and testing).

Remember going to your family doctor for a regular check up is not a STI test.

I'm (obviously) not a sex worker, but if I could offer one thing....

If you bring in a health professional for STD talks, do your best to get one with knowledge and expertise.

Why do I say that? In my research over the past several months (for my own knowledge and not for issues), I've discovered there is still a lot of misinformation given, and debate, out there...even among those in the medical community. Someone who is aware of all that would be the best one to go with.

Just a thought for what it's worth. :)

• Like 1