Non-Denominational Mid-Winter Holiday Present...

So while I'm personally not that big on holidays of any kind (except Bacchanalia... now *that's* a holiday!), but I do enjoy the chance to do something nice to thank my patrons.

So I'm asking for your input on what you think is a nice way to say thank you?

Gift certificate?

Holiday rate special?

Small gift?

A swift kick in the ass?

Hmmm....good question.

A physical gift might arouse suspicions if discovered by a SO. Same goes for a swift kick in the arse (leaves a boot mark).

You might do well with the holiday special rate thingie.

• Like 1

Last year i recommended getting those tiny candy canes that are set up with gold bows to be tree ornaments. they can be easily explained if an explanation is required, or they can be eaten after the appt. they are too small to be considered a gift that needs explanation, is the main point.

you can set them up in a decorative bowl. I know you mentioned non denominational, but it isn't a direct christian ornament, and it is also a minty candy.

• Like 1

Maybe have a couple of gift cards from Starbucks, Tim Hortons, etc. At some point, as them if they have a preference. Tada, you have the right one to give them! Something small, $5 would be more then enough. At this point, the unexpected kind gesture is what's really valuable.

A swift kick in the ass?

You never know, some people are into that.

• Like 2

None of the above; without telling them in advance (only when they are there) give them an extra 15 minutes which might be a glass of wine or other non-alcoholic beverage.

• Like 1

But do make sure they know it is a gift/treat - wouldn't want us starting to expect it - after all there is no reason we hobbyists shouldn't be providing the "Non-Denominational Mid-Winter Holiday Present..."

Missing you in Ottawa, Kate!

• Like 1

I do something nice for my regulars like spend some extra time with them and maybe crack open a bottle of wine. I don't really drink but will endulge in few sips but it's more about the thought of doing something which is what they will appreciate. Having mimosas is another great drink during the daytime.

I also do special holiday rates for all of my customers.

• Like 1

Guest **cely***r***ne

I have treat bags for my guests with chocolates and candycanes and a little hand written love note. Special holiday considerations are a wonderful idea as well!

Just a few quick thoughts over my second cup of coffee

First, and as cliché as it sounds, remember, It's the Thought That Counts

Second, a gift for a client should only be reserved for regular clients. It isn't something for a first (and maybe only time) client who sees you just for a gift

A gift could be a gift certificate/gift card/small present. Personally the idea of a discount I'm uncomfortable with. I never forget that this is the lady's livelihood. A discount is a reduction in income for the lady. For me, if I received a discount all I'd do is increase the tip so the lady still receives the same donation (plus tip) that she'd receive on other encounters

Gifts can be of all shapes and sizes. I have a gift from a lady, well friend, on display in my living room. Won't say what, except the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge means something special to me. And I'm not a Royal Watcher ;-)

But a nice way to say thank you. First thank you can be said year round. Not just at Christmas. And not by a gift, well gift in the conventional sense of the word. But, well, if you look at my profile page,

under "About Me", "Recommendation Or URL Of A Page..." click on that link. It is something that is very special to me, so much so that when I saw it I included it in my profile page. Not a gift in the conventional sense of the word, but something very special to me.

Anyhow, just my opinion

A few quick thoughts over my second coffee

RG

• Like 1

None of the above; without telling them in advance (only when they are there) give them an extra 15 minutes which might be a glass of wine or other non-alcoholic beverage.

Ya know... I actually like this idea best of all! And yes, I think RG has a good point about the gifts being for friends, not first-timers. First-timers get a bit of a discount, friends get a bit of a discount and a bit of extra time.

Thanks everyone! :)

And I'd say I miss Ottawa, but at this time of year: no way, Jose!! :D But I do miss some of you Ontario people.