How do you beat the heat?

So the past few days have been scorching and it looks like it was just a sample of what we're supposed to be getting this summer.

as someone who doesnt have air-conditioning, I've had some people share some tips about how to beat the sizzling weather.

what do you do?

personally before bed I spritz a couple small pillows and put them in the freezer. I spritz my bed and put the fan blowing on it for about a half hour before bed...at bed-time I sleep on top of the covers and get the pillows from my freezer.

Once I slept curled up with Freezies after a cold shower,...until I had to stop doing that when I rolled over on a melted one in the middle of the night and it leaked all over my bed :-(

I prefer to beat other things than the heat........:handjob:

hehehehehe

seriously......for those without AC......

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=home+made+AC&meta=&aq=f&aqi=g1g-s9&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

home made AC units.....simple...easy......and they work.......

Guest s******ecan****

Probably not a quick solution but for me it has been a permanent one. I once vacationed in south Florida in August. Daytime High avg'd 34c night time low avg'd 25c humidity was 90 - 100% the whole time (felt like 110).

I have never found it hot here since.

Guest S***e

If my home didn't have central air, I'd consider an in-room portable air conditioner. They cost about $500 or $600 or so and would likely let you get some rest/sleep. It looks like it's going to be a long, hot summer in Ottawa. Thankfully, my central air is almost new and is very efficient.

http://www.homedepot.ca/catalog/air-conditioners-portable-fans/178027

Spike

Hi have all the ladies from cerb naked fanning me by hand! man i can't cool down!

But really I have my ceiling fan going and a stand up fan goingand half naked in my undies sometimes!!!

1) Before bed, soak in the tub filled with cool water. Now that I have a pool, a quick skinny dip.

2) Dampen a large bath towel and stick it in the freezer. In bed, cover yourself with the towel till it warms up.

3) Open all the windows at night to cool things down and seal everything in the morning. At the end of the workday, it is surprising how cool the house remains. Granted, it doesn't work when it's very humid

4) Ceiling fans make a difference.

5) In the movie the Seven Year Itch, Marilyn would keep her panties in the freezer.