Word of the day - Obfuscate/Obfuscation

Obfuscation is the concealment of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing, intentionally ambiguous, and more difficult to interpret.

from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscation

always found this word interesting.. and since I saw it used rather badly recently in a topic it was brought to mind.

Any other words that make you laugh.. you find hilarious or just weird and really never have a good place to use it?

When I was in University during frosh week I remember having a button that rhymed with this word

Masturbate, Fornicate, Ejaculate, Copulate (I forget the rest) and then 88.

Ohhhhh I have used some choice words in reports... lugubrious, nefarious, and obstreperous have all made it through the chain... my manager used to just shake her head and point to the door....

endoplasmic reticulum - part of cell (the little Martian guy in Bugs Bunny said that all the time - when I was a kid that really cracked me up)

discombobulate - to confuse (I love this word! it just rolls off the tongue so nicely! lol)

Ohhhhh I have used some choice words in reports... lugubrious, nefarious, and obstreperous have all made it through the chain... my manager used to just shake her head and point to the door....

I have to go look up lugubrious. I love nefarious.. sounds like a great name for a superheroine. Is it already?

endoplasmic reticulum - part of cell (the little Martian guy in Bugs Bunny said that all the time - when I was a kid that really cracked me up)

discombobulate - to confuse (I love this word! it just rolls off the tongue so nicely! lol)

I do a great impression of the martin. You earthlings make me soooo angry. Well you have to hear it.

Discombobulate. I love that word! thanks for reminding me.

Okay ... today we get a memo from the techies... those lovable guys and gals that keep our computers running so smoothly.

In the space of one paragraph they use the term "concatenation" and "concatenate" six freakin' times! We are all literate people of reasonable standing in my department, some of us can even count without using fingers or bobbing our heads for harder equations. None of us has ever heard of this word.

So with hellborn rapacity, we make our egress. We locate the first wee man with a pocket protector sewn on his short sleeved World of Warcraft tshirt and give him a sound thrashing. That'll teach em.

In the space of one paragraph they use the term "concatenation" and "concatenate" six freakin' times! We are all literate people of reasonable standing in my department, some of us can even count without using fingers or bobbing our heads for harder equations. None of us has ever heard of this word.

in techie talk

concatenate - to join two strings together.

string - the concatenation of two or more strings including the null string

in techie talk

concatenate - to join two strings together.

string - the concatenation of two or more strings including the null string

Etasman... we figured that out just before we inflicted our vengeance... but it just felt good castigating unmercifully.

next time I'll beat him for you...

4921048341293.jpg

Hun... you could knock em down with a feather!!! He'd probably pass out at the sight of the cleavage!