Industry Workers Discounts

I got to thinking (I do this a lot)...

In Victoria, there were a few adult stores who offered a discount to industry workers for larger items (shoes, lingere, etc). I wondered, are there any stores in Ottawa that do this? Well, I called around and here are some places that do offer a discount.

Classixxx - 1764 Bank St.

Couples Romance Store - 1473 Richmond Rd

Excitables Inc. - 186 Preston

Sensual Flixx - 800 Hunt Club

Obviously don't expect a discount on smaller purchases, but if you're buying some lingere or costumes, these stores are willing to offer a discount. I don't know what the percent is exactly, as I think it varies on the item. But now you know where to shop!

I am also in the process of contacting the higher-ups at Adult Fun Superstore to see if they are willing to offer a discount for workers.

Ava, that would be great!

Supporting friends is the way to go! They help us, we help them, and we're all happier because of it. Wicked Wanda's is truly one of my favorite stores in Ottawa. Sadly with all the crap construction they've suffered a bit. The woman I talked to last time I was in there (back in March) was lovely.

some do in Toronto, but its just a hassle, so i just pay for it and write them off on my taxes.

some of them only give them to strippers and want you to show your stripper liscence i think its a bit ridiculous when they arent offering it to everyone in the industry.

Sorry , but can I Ask what Wanda's is

what do they sell ?

Coming to Ottawa next week

Wanda's offered me 10% off when I told them I'm a dancer.

I know Wanda well.. she's a doll. http://www.wickedwandas.ca/

she had to move to Bank street from her place near Lincoln Fields mall after some young punks burned down her store and 2-3 others in that strip mall.

I love the new place.

It had never occurred to me to ask for an industry discount at any of these stores.. meanwhile as a naturopath I got discounts all the time at health food stores.. makes sense.

here's me with Wanda at the Toronto Sex show in 2008. 30660_1322534117191_1645982573_981124_6704705_n.jpg

Ava, that would be great!

Supporting friends is the way to go! They help us, we help them, and we're all happier because of it. Wicked Wanda's is truly one of my favorite stores in Ottawa. Sadly with all the crap construction they've suffered a bit. The woman I talked to last time I was in there (back in March) was lovely.

I'll message him tonight :D.

Thanks for the great tips ladies!!! That will be valuable information for my shopping date this weekend! ;)

Guest O***wa**W

How does this work? Who do you mention it to, or do all the cashiers know and just take you on your word?

How does this work? Who do you mention it to, or do all the cashiers know and just take you on your word?

I usually just ask "Do you offer a discount to sex workers? I'm a stripper" and then take it from there.