Sign in to follow this  

Surrey dog recovering from torture attack after arrest of blood-soaked woman

Guest N***he**Ont**y

A dog belonging to a Surrey, B.C., man is recovering from a brutal attack after RCMP arrested a 24-year-old woman covered in the dog's blood.

Ryan Westaway said his three-year-old black Labrador named Ryder ran away on Saturday after his three-year-old son accidentally let him out.

On Sunday, police told Westaway that Ryder had been found stabbed and beaten in someone's home.

RCMP Cpl. Bert Paquet said police were not looking for the dog when they were called to a home in the 7600 block of 146 Street in Surrey.Surrey dog recovering from torture attack after arrest of blood-soaked woman

Surrey dog recovering from torture attack after arrest of blood-soaked woman

"A neighbour called us reporting a suspicious occurrence, had also found a female covered in blood, which was found to be the dog's blood," Paquet said. "At that point our investigators looked at the dog and were able to connect the injuries to a 24-year-old female who resides at that location."

Paquet said the dog was in obvious distress with severe injuries. He said the woman has been sent for psychiatric evaluation and her four-year-old daughter placed in the care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development.

Westaway said that when he and Ryder were reunited on Sunday, he was horrified by the dog's condition.

"He heard my voice and he ran right up to me. I couldn't even recognize him. He looked horrific. His eyes were closed shut completely," said Westaway.