my blackberry was stolen. don't call/text til I get it replaced

I had my purse stolen out of my car and unfortunately although all my cards have been reported and my phone locked.. the phone has yet to be replaced later today..

It happened in northern quebec yesterday afternoon in the middle of nowhere near a small lodge. The owners of the establishment are very upset and still looking for the purse perhaps thrown in the woods/garbage on their property...

anyway.. please don't call/text til I get it replaced... thanks!

thanks doll. Rogers was great. They are giving me a free replacement phone. I am able to get a free blackberry flip instead of buying myself a new curve. It will take a few days but they lent me a nokia flip in the meantime. Easier than I thought. Now if only I had backed up my address list :oops:

I don't know with wich company, but it can be used as a back-up from your intelligent phone to your personnal computer, but by distance...

Maybe somebody can find the name in the tech section?

This way, eventhough the phone is lost, the info in it is'nt...

Thanks Diva.. no actually. I'm not pissed.. just inconvenienced. My friends and the owners of the inn where we were were all way more upset than I was. Everything is replaceable in this instance all for free.. the only thing that cost me money was a new purse.

I've been broken into twice in the last decade and that upsets me way more than this.. in both instances I moved immediately.. can never feel comfortable in a place after that.

Thanks Diva.. no actually. I'm not pissed.. just inconvenienced. My friends and the owners of the inn where we were were all way more upset than I was. Everything is replaceable in this instance all for free.. the only thing that cost me money was a new purse.

I've been broken into twice in the last decade and that upsets me way more than this.. in both instances I moved immediately.. can never feel comfortable in a place after that.

Carrie,

Sorry to hear about your phone. That sucks. I once had the window to my old 944 smashed in and had things stolen. You must feel somewhat violated.

Thankfully no damage was done to my car which makes me wonder if they had some sort of device to open it electronically.. I use my clicker to get in and out and never my car key.. but I manually lock my drivers side when I go out as the other doors lock automatically as soon as I'm in gear...

They got in on the passenger side somehow. I only know this because when I went back after cancelling my cards and inspected the car the doors now locked again.. the passenger door was open an inch but locked.