Cerb Social Meeting Weds

Hey everyone, just a reminder that we're going for some drinks at The Honest Lawyer in the Byward Market this Weds around 5ish. Some will be there earlier, some will pop by later. Everyone is welcome provided you don't make trouble.

How do you know which table is ours? Well we'll probably be the most diverse looking group, and we'll likely be the ones having the most fun. But just in case, have a Metro paper in your hand and that will be our way of finding each other.

So come on by, have a drink, share a laugh, and meet some fellow Cerbites. Please leave your ego, drama, and negativity at home.

See y'all there!

Posted via Mobile Device

Google is a wonderful thing ;-)

Posted via Mobile Device

Oops..hopelessy lazy today...

It's on the calendar for the 30th if anyone forgets.... the link to google maps for directions is also there...

ummm...I thought we all agreed that we were going to be changing the location as this thread is visible to the public???

ummm...I thought we all agreed that we were going to be changing the location as this thread is visible to the public???

I believe plans were changed based on this post that Lindsay made in the original thread about a get together;

Well how's this for a solution:

I created this group with a sense of inclusive community in mind. It states both in my original post presenting the idea and on thr group itself that all are welcome. Even lurkers. The choice to be annonymous is a choice I believe should be respected. Furthermore, the group's content is fully open, so discussing these matters on the group page is no less public for those who want to access that information.

Now, I understand concerns some may have about this. So what do we do? Simple. Those who have no issue with the odd annonymous (and probably unnoticed) attendee at a social event keep on truckin' with the Cerb Social group. Those who are too uncomfortable with the openness can start their own group with private settings as per their comfort. No one needs to have hard feelings. No one needs to be put in a position they don't want to be put in. It's the only reasonable solution to make all involved happy.

Posted via Mobile Device

ok I understand that and no I didnt see the post that lidsay noted but we all have to think not only about lurkers but something to think about is that some people may have other people following them on here without their knowledge.

I remember getting a little annoyed at a social when a member was talking about paying X amount for X girl and how amazing her skills were when the waitress happened to be dropping off our drinks. I gave him an annoyed look and explained to him that discussing stuff like that and then turning to another gal and making plans in a public place was ILLEGAL.

Its not really about whos comfortable with what...its really more of a respect thing and I think that us ladies have less to worry about that the guys do in cases like this. That being said, I will be there (as I've just promised another gal that I'll be there if she goes) but I will expect that the next event be private....for everyone's benefit.

xo

I can see Lindsay's point but after having read Annessa's last post, I tend to agree with her. It is for the reasons she stated that some members I know have stated they will not be attending.

There are never any guarantees even if we post the location and time privately that a few "lurkers" won't slip through, but it's the whole discretion thing and I think to announce to just anyone that "so and so" will be making an appearance at such and such a place does make some people uncomfortable.

I, for one, am curious to know how many Metro papers are going to be buzzing about the place. Just hope those damn boxes aren't empty when I head down there (sometimes they are).

I feel like a spy. What code word or signal would Maxwell Smart and 99 use to identify their operatives? :pimp:

I feel like a spy. What code word or signal would Maxwell Smart and 99 use to identify their operatives? :pimp:

Do what I would do...flash your boobs! LOL!!! Love you Angela! Wish I could be there to meet you :(.

Do what I would do...flash your boobs! LOL!!! Love you Angela! Wish I could be there to meet you :(.

Yes, that would definitely get their attention!!! :boobeyes: You'll just have to make it a point of coming up to Ottawa some time.

I can see Lindsay's point but after having read Annessa's last post, I tend to agree with her. It is for the reasons she stated that some members I know have stated they will not be attending.

There are never any guarantees even if we post the location and time privately that a few "lurkers" won't slip through, but it's the whole discretion thing and I think to announce to just anyone that "so and so" will be making an appearance at such and such a place does make some people uncomfortable.

exactly. I for one am extremmely comfortable in what I do but I also am very skeptical on some socials as putting myself out in the public as well as some of my past and potentially future clients is not something i am willing to deal with.

just because I am comfortable with what i do doesnt mean I'm willing to put members in a bad position. its all well and good to be free-spirited and comfortable with our sexuality...but we have to respect those who may seek the private attention of a lady under private means and their PRIVATE discretion being important.

I mean everyone knows i go to karaoke but when I'm asked by a member in chat where I'm going for karaoke and I dont tell them I get people tiffed at me...? I'm allowed to keep a certain amount of my life private and truth be told i generally only do one-on-one social time for a paid fee...but with a groups its different coz I see it as being discreet and looking out for a group as I would only expect the same in return and would only look out for their own privacy as well.

I mean everyone knows i go to karaoke but when I'm asked by a member in chat where I'm going for karaoke and I dont tell them I get people tiffed at me...?

Baaaad manners!!! Why would someone think they are entitled to know this?

And then they wonder why we bring up the privacy issue - for this very reason - the fact that someone may have an unfair advantage makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Okay, no Metro Paper for me - I'm just going to look for already familiar faces.

If I say, KAOS, you say CONTROL, okay?

As I mentioned in the original thread, those who are uncomfortable with the openess can start their own private group. No one has to be in a position they feel uncomfortable in.

I started this group with community and inclusiveness in mind. And no, it's not for everyone. Some people have genuine and legitimate concerns about the openess of the group. But THIS group is about openess.

And it should go without saying that we will not be discussing business/transactions/etc while we are in public. If you and a lady happen to hit it off, have some self control and send her a PM or e-mail the next day rather than outing each other in public. These meetings are NOT a trade show where you get to swap stories and trade tips. It's for people who get along on the boards to have a chance to sit down and have a drink off the clock.

To put it bluntly, if you don't like the level of openess or the fact that you cannot "talk shop", find another group. It doesn't take much to start a new group and rather than coming to these groups and being an annoyance, you can do your own thing with people who are on the same level as you - whatever level that may be.

And I won't be making it tomorrow. A friend scored some tickets to the conductor's concert at the NAC, and we're doing dinner and drinks first.

Y'all have fun, respect what this group stands for, and don't out each other in public.

Posted via Mobile Device