very touching - from Photographer Phillip Toledano

That certainly hits home Carrie, I lost my Dad when he was in his late 50's and I was a young 20 year old. I cried for weeks, he was very sick for a long period of time before he past away.

I wish he could of lived longer, but those are the many challenges in life we have to deal with such as the pictures and story above.

I continue to visit my Dad at his grave, and always think of all the great times.

Guest t**d**teur

Carrie, that is so touching.

Too often I revert to my 'teenager mental age' where I spent much time with my Dad; and I cry, remembering him. He turned out to be a very good friend. My Dad passed away in 1993 and I grieved him for many years. I visit him regularly at the cemetery, especially on his birth date, where I share his favourite drink (Scotch and water) and sing with him.

Dads are important and I miss mine, but I don't forget him...and life continues.

Peeople are wondering why I am aty my desk crying...........They are asking why I am sad......

"I am not sad" I tell them..." I am happy remembering my father......the man who helped raise me"

I lost my father a couple of years ago......long battle with life as I say.........

Thank you for posting this....thank you

I cried too.. so touching... My dad is still in good health thank goodness.. but we can all relate to this man's experience. What a lovely tribute to him.