Sem Obed, released high-risk offender, moving to Halifax

You read that and can only wonder why there is not: more we can do as a society except sit back and wait for him to actually kill someone.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

The fact that the Courts haven't dealt with him more severely surprises (well after 29 years in LE surprise is the wrong word) me. With his criminal history, you'd think by now he'd be serving a much longer sentence (two years is considered a short sentence) That he was detained by the PBC (meaning he served the full sentence, he didn't get released on Statutory Release) and from reading the news report I think that the Police/Crown used Section 810 Criminal Code to monitor him after he served his sentence, including releasing his photo shows how dangerous law enforcement considers him

Warning flags were probably there, as they are with anyone who likes to control women. That his actions were not dealt with much earlier allowed him to escalate his deviant behaviour. But it's not unprecedented. How many other men have controlling, maybe even violent behaviour. It goes unchecked or just with minor sanctions. And it usually starts with relatively speaking, minor inappropriate actions and escalates from there

RG

This is some pretty scary stuff.

Living in this area, I will be way more diligent in who I choose to see, and vamp up my screening process a little more.

For the gentlemen of Lyla, this won't be a problem for those who have been on here since before this date, but for those that are new with very little in their profile, I'm afraid its going to be a little more difficult for them.

I advertise here, but on other sites as well, looks like I'm going to be busy making sure that I am careful with who I choose to spend time with.