Am I strange or does this work?

I'm just wondering, if I'm the only one who's had this experience. Many of you who have read my previous posts will know that I'm physically disabled. What you may not know is that there is a significant amount of pain involved. (Muscle pain, joint aches, missing joints etc. etc...)

Over the years I have found that visiting an SP for two hours every 6 to 8 weeks can eliminate all the above mentioned pain completely. My question is am I a unique case, or has anybody else heard of, or experienced something similar themselves?

I can't profess to have the same experience in relation to pain as I am fortunate enough to not have to deal with any chronic ailments at this point in my journey.

I do however note the presence of a big dumb grin on my face for days after each session.

EDIT: Just read your signature for the first time masterowls. You officially rule.

Well I'm not physically disabled per say but after a lifetime of physical labour I have lots of aches and pains, arthritis, surgery scars and other chronic pains that are hard to describe, mostly due to my careless youth and physical work. I've been to chiropractors and massage therapists many times over the years and generally sleep like shit.

And YES Masterowls, I find the lovely CERB ladies relieve me of my aches and pains in a way nobody else can. A good experience leaves me daydreaming and reminiscing and my aches seem miles away.

Funny thing is, I've been working like a dog and not hobbying at all lately and I'm filled with turmoil and pains....I think you're onto something!

Sex and intimacy are well known as stress relief...

I don't know if your on a specific treatment such as cortisone or Botox infiltration, but visiting an SP COULD be a pain relief, as it's a stress relief... If you receive such infiltrations or suffer from sort of ataxy, sex is known to be better then morphine, in certain cases...

I can't profess to have the same experience in relation to pain as I am fortunate enough to not have to deal with any chronic ailments at this point in my journey.

I do however note the presence of a big dumb grin on my face for days after each session.

EDIT: Just read your signature for the first time masterowls. You officially rule.

Thank you for the compliment Jasper. I have also noted said big dumb grin on my face after a session. If you ever get to Calgary, check out Allie Huggins, you won't stop grinning for weeks :-).

Additional Comments:

I don't know if your on a specific treatment such as cortisone or Botox infiltration, but visiting an SP COULD be a pain relief, as it's a stress relief... If you receive such infiltrations or suffer from sort of ataxy, sex is known to be better then morphine, in certain cases...

Unfortunately, due to things like muscle spasms, old surgeries that didn't work out right, and certain physical deformities botox and cortisone injections are not real options, and to top it all, I'm immune to almost all prescription pain medications, as well as all over-the-counter pain medications. The funny thing is, as I said in the original post, a session with an SP can relieve my pain for up to three weeks. And by relieve, I mean completely eliminate. I thought I was completely crazy, it's nice to know that it's not my imagination.

By the way, my disability is severe cerebral palsy, which over the years has been aggravated by well-meaning, but unfortunately incompetent doctors. My last surgery was actually to have my en tire hip joint on both sides, as well as about 6 inches of femur (the bone between the hip and knee) permanently removed. This was done to correct a problem I had for 25 years before I could get anyone to acknowledge that there was a problem. I apologize to any doctors out there that may be offended by me calling members of your profession incompetent, however I'm sure you can understand my frustration.

I have lower back pain and it is relieved when I orgasm - it's the release of endorphins (natural painkillers) in your system.

Some people experience the same sensation after an exercise session.

If you can't afford an SP, then just masterbate - it might not be the same, but it will help.

I have lower back pain and it is relieved when I orgasm - it's the release of endorphins (natural painkillers) in your system.

Some people experience the same sensation after an exercise session.

If you can't afford an SP, then just masterbate - it might not be the same, but it will help.

It does help for a few weeks after a session, you're right... that's why I can last 8 weeks between sessions. Unfortunately it's a bit like taking Tylonol to replace Morphine... eventually the body notices the difference, so what I do is save a few bucks in what I refer to as a project fund each month... then when I can afford some time, I find some kindly SP and then have her restore my pain relief...:)

Wouldn't it be awesome if sex therapy was covered by OHIP?

That would be an excellent idea but can you imagine how many more nurses they would have to hire?:confused:

That would be an excellent idea but can you imagine how many more nurses they would have to hire?:confused:

Or your "gay" doctor could precribe himself!:mrgreen:

No, I don't think it's strange or just you masterowls - I've experienced it myself. I think sex does relax you physically and mentally.

Now, I won't say this is anywhere near a couple of hours of sex with a fine sexy lady (because it isn't - in fact, what is really?!? :lol:), but I find a little bit of alcohol helps a lot for me.

Seriously, I regularly suffer from pain in my knees, neck pain/tension (a lot of physical stupidity when I was younger)... quite often a glass of red wine relaxes me enough to help with the pain. I'm not recommending drinking the pain away (I'm pretty sure there's a country song about that! :lol:), but drinking a little bit of it away can't be all bad, can it? (don't answer that - I'm not listening! :wink:)

Wouldn't it be awesome if sex therapy was covered by OHIP?

Actually, that is one reason why I am a big believer in legalized, or at least decriminalized prostitution. If it weren't illegal, I could then push for prostitution as a treatment strategy for my pain. In the Netherlands they actually have government programs to pay prostitutes to see severely disabled men. They do this because studies have shown that having access to regular sex is both a physical benefit, and in some cases therapeutic for behavioral and mental problems as well. I don't see why we couldn't have similar programs except that prostitution is still illegal (or a least solicitation is). My next question is how long does the government plan to waste valuable resources trying to enforce laws that obviously don't work? I think as stated in another thread that government should be regulating the industry rather than suppressing it.

• Like 1

Grass Hopper is absolutely right. Sex works especially well for headache and migraine.

My next question is how long does the government plan to waste valuable resources trying to enforce laws that obviously don't work?..................

Well now.......July 1st is Canada Day...celebrating the start of the Canadian people and country.......

So 2010 minus 1867.......gives us.....143 years.....

And we are based off of the British system...sa add more to that......

if we have waited this long...who knows how much longer we have......

Right after your big O, you get a seriously intensense surge of oxytocin. The overload releases endorphins, which help alleviate pain!

Thanks for all the responses. It's nice to be able to show people, (especially my dad) who see the money I spend on the hobby as, "More than half your month's income for 2 hours of fun when you could use the cash paying bills" that there is some logical reason I have to use the money in a way they may not always think is smart. And before I get bombarded with "don't go into debt to support your hobbying" posts, I actually don't. Every month after my bills get paid, I'm left with about %10 cash. I bank that until sufficient money is on hand to pay for a session.My dad, who just happens to be my roommate and knows I owe several thousand in cc debt, simply sees the saving for sessions as money I ccould reporpose to getting debt free faster. Which I admit from his POV is true, but then HE isn't the one dealing with my body, and frankly if being pain free for a number of weeks means I'm out of debt in August instead of June 2012.. I can live with that.:) We've agreed to disagree on the whole hobbying vs paying debt thing because I'll never get him to see past the cash and he'll never convince me that being pain free isn't worth 2 lousy cc paynents...lol

Master...as a parent I do realize that we THINK we always know best. There is a time to let your offspring venture out in the world and make their own decisions. Nice to see that you are a strong willed individual who can fight for his rights to be an adult!

My rents think that they can walk in at any time and monopolize my life and I am over 40 LOL...Hope I can cut the apron strings poste haste!

Guest c******n****h

Owls,

I for one support your decision to look after yourself. I certainly take for granted my able body status and my ability go where I choose, when I choose. Kudos to you for doing somehting that makes you feel good and take away the pain for however long it lasts. Don't let judgmental people try and make you feel bad about yourself. I know your dad is trying to look after yoiur best interests, so don't be too hard on him. Keep your head held high as your are an inspiration to many of us.

Master...as a parent I do realize that we THINK we always know best. There is a time to let your offspring venture out in the world and make their own decisions. Nice to see that you are a strong willed individual who can fight for his rights to be an adult!

My rents think that they can walk in at any time and monopolize my life and I am over 40 LOL...Hope I can cut the apron strings poste haste!

Meg,

it really isn't a matter of my father trying to monopolize my life so much as it is his concern about my being so far in a financial hole. I can definitely understand his point of view. He even understands my point of view. The problem is, we both believe that we are right, and we are extremely stubborn. LOL that's why we agreed to disagree. I'm very fortunate actually, in that my dad is also currently my best friend in the world. I just wanted him to see that there is some reasonable logic to my position.

Masterowls: You're still going to have the cc debt, even if you add your hobby money to the bill payment. It might get paid off a little faster, but in the meantime, you are not "living life". Being virtuous by doing the right thing according to someone else is people pleasing.

I'm sure you learned whatever lesson you had to about getting into debt to begin with. You don't need a lecture or guilt trip and you are paying your bills. I don't believe in encouraging reckless behaviour, but if you are chipping away at that cc debt, then I don't think you need to feel guilty about also putting some extra coin aside for play - after all you are human and have needs.

As for the debts, they will get paid, eventually.

It's amazing as an adult how my family always have opinions about what's good for me, yet they have their own issues.