Attending Heavy MTL in Montreal this coming weekend and cannot .....frigging ......wait! Just wondering if any SP's or members are also planning to attend. Unfortunately, I'll be staying with a few friends and won't be hobbying while I'm there, so why am I asking, you ask? Honestly? Just curious for curiosity's sake, lol. Also, alternative-metal head type ladies are a major turn on for me, so maybe I'm just checking for future reference? ;)

http://www.heavymtl.com/en/

Guest S**a*Q

OMG Korn is playing...

AND AND AND I'm in Ottawa, not Thunder Bay!!!

KK I'm going to find me a ride. I might be there :D

Oh man, 3 Inches of Blood AND Mastodon?!

I might have to make a road trip!

@Lindsay : For me, Dimmu Borgir only had one good album: Death Cult Apocalypse.

:confused: call me old............never heard of this things....or groups.....:confused:

:confused: call me old............never heard of this things....or groups.....:confused:

s'ok antlerman, I've got your Kleenex right here.

Simpsons presented by Korn...

And for the Goths, SouthPark...

They are featured also in multiple styles, such as gangster rap, like in this Ice Cube video...

Edited by Grass_Hopper
I can't belive I'm going to miss the party!

Don't feel too bad, I don't know the majority of them either....actually I youtubed all the bands that are playing....and I guess I'm old too because they ALL sounded exctly the same! I'm mainly going for the 3 or 4 "old school" acts.

Don't feel too bad, I don't know the majority of them either....actually I youtubed all the bands that are playing....and I guess I'm old too because they ALL sounded exctly the same! I'm mainly going for the 3 or 4 "old school" acts.

Some of them I don't consider "heavy metal." For example, Atreyu is a fairly recent band (by recent I mean within the last decade) and I feel they fall into "hardcore" or screamo/screamcore.

I find the merging of screamo into heavy metal to be truly strange. But that's just me. For me screamo is basically hardcore punk but with screaming. It doesn't sound metal at all, but again, just me.

I was down in the market during the Bluesfest, and caught a act called "Abandon All Ships" don't know if they are same as the groups noted above. I listened to them, and enjoyed a couple of their songs. Then watch the kids in the "mosh pit" now that was a little extreme, pushing,smashing into each other! So at my age, I carried on to the nearest bar. ;)

Good band though! I even down loaded a couple of their tunes!

An old school homie of mine from high school just asked me if I wanted to go to Heavy MTL, so it looks like I'll be going after all :)

Guest S**a*Q

Grr, I'm still looking for a ride, but I only want to go on the Sunday :)

Grr, I'm still looking for a ride, but I only want to go on the Sunday :)

Have you checked out any rideshares? say on CL?